You are hereBack to top
HiSET Exam Prep: Practice Tests + Proven Strategies + Online (Kaplan Test Prep) (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Kaplan's HiSET Exam Prep provides comprehensive review, online resources, and exam-like practice to help you pass the test. Our book is designed for self-study so you can prep at your own pace, on your own schedule. The new fourth edition includes an online study plan that will help you track your progress, learn more about the HiSET, and access supplemental study material.
- More than 1,000 practice questions in the book and online with answers and explanations
- In-book diagnostic pretest to help you identify your strengths and weaknesses so you can set up a personalized study plan
- Essential skills you'll need to pass each of the 5 subtests: Reasoning through Language Arts–Reading, Language Arts–Writing, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies
- A full-length practice test for each subject area
- Three chapters are now accessible in the online study plan: Earth and Space Science, Economics, and Geography
- Online center with information about getting started, 3 digital chapters covering Science and Social Studies, and a system for marking chapters complete
- Expert test-taking strategies to help you face the exam with confidence
- Kaplan's experts make sure our practice questions and study materials are true to the test.
- We invented test prep—Kaplan (www.kaptest.com) has been helping students for 80 years. Our proven strategies have helped legions of students achieve their dreams.
The HiSET is an alternative to the GED test and the TASC test. In some states, it is the only acceptable test for earning a high school equivalency diploma. In other states, it is just 1 test option out of 2 or 3.To find out whether your state will be using the HiSET for high school equivalency tests, visit hiset.ets.org or contact your state's department of education.
The previous edition of this book was titled HiSET Exam 2017-2018 Strategies, Practice & Review.
About the Author
For 80 years, Kaplan Test Prep (www.kaptest.com) has been helping students grow their knowledge, skills and confidence so they can be their best on Test Day. Our prep books and online resources provide the expert guidance that students need at every step of their educational journey – incorporating years of test-specific data and strategies tested by Kaplan students and our own expert psychometricians.
After helping millions of students, we know what works. Our guides deliver knowledge with clarity and simplicity while focusing on the specialized strategies that keep test-takers ahead of the clock and at the top of their game.
We offer preparation for more than 90 standardized tests – including entrance exams for secondary school, college, and graduate school, as well as professional licensing exams for attorneys, physicians, and nurses.
With a full array of self-paced and live online courses, as well as print books and mobile apps, you can use Kaplan to study on your own schedule and at your own speed. Kaplan's private tutors and admissions consultants supplement those offerings with one-on-one support.